You will be visiting this section if you are already a tenant in one of our homes or you are interested in moving in. TWH Homes is a well-established rental organisation and licensed for letting Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMOs), meaning we meet or exceed the quality levels set by local council housing departments. Also, only around 2% of UK landlords are members of any kind of landlord standards association, but not only are we members of the YRLA (York Residential Association) and the UK’s largest, (the National Landlords Association), we are also one of only a fraction of members who are NLA-accredited, meaning we adhere to the high standards of knowledge and best practice set by the NLA.
Our philosophy is one of openness and transparency, meaning you will always be able to contact your landlord to discuss your situation. You will never be met with a brick wall, and we will always try to find a win-win outcome to any personal situation you may find yourself in. We value a happy tenant above anything else, because if you’re a happy tenant, we believe you are more likely to look after your home.
Information for tenants before moving-in
You may have been directed to this page if you have interest in one of our houses or rooms, you have confirmed that you would like to move into one of them, and need to know the next steps. This guide will hopefully tell you everything you need to know, and everything you will need to provide.
In order to secure your new home, please click on the “Apply to be a Tenant” button above and complete your information. After you have provided this information:
- The first thing we will do is to contact the referees you have provided, using a standard request for information and confirmation of details you have provided to us. Please ask if you would like to see a copy of the message we will be sending.
- As soon as we hear back with positive responses, we will create your tenancy agreement for you very quickly. Your notice period will be two months. We may be able to negotiate a shorter notice period to suit your circumstances, but two months is what is in the contract. When you receive the agreement, please review it and sign it. Then we will counter-sign it. Scanned copies are fine; we do not need physical copies in the post.
- We will then ask for your deposit money and pro-rata rent to cover your tenancy from your move-in date until the next rent due date. (See section on “Paying your rent” below).
- We will confirm receipt of your money and immediately protect your damage deposit in www.mydeposits.co.uk. We will send you a protection certificate from them, as well as an ‘Information for Tenants’ leaflet.
- There are no other hidden fees at all: no check-in fees, no admin fees, no contract arrangement fees or reference fees. Similarly, if you extend your contract in the future, there’s no fee for that either. In fact, the contract is just rolling at the end of the term, (it converts from an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) into a Statutory Periodic Tenancy (SPT)). Everything is very transparent.
And that’s it! Your place is secure, your start date is set and you can start getting excited about the move! We really hope you’ll be happy in your new home. Please take a look at some of the testimonials below from some of our lovely tenants. Please let me know if you would like to speak to any of them directly to find out more about their experiences.
Paying your rent
Rent is normally payable on the 1st of the month for that month. So rent for November for example, would be payable on or before 1st November, and would cover November. When you make payments, we ask that you put your surname down as the payment reference. Payments should be made by Direct Debit, for which we will send you a link by e-mail when you move in, through which to set it up.
Please use the following bank accounts to make payments. Please note these details will normally be on your tenancy agreement as well, and in some of our larger properties, on the noticeboard.
- For Grebe Close, Grove Mill, Bellenden Road or Paynes Road, please pay “Tom Holliday” at HSBC 40-04-09 / 32190893. Please include your name in the reference.
- For Granville Road, Alexandra Road, Buckley Street, Wild Street, Gladstone Street, Clark Street or Bad Bargain Lane, please pay “TWH Homes” at HSBC 40-44-39 / 01732846. Please include your name in the reference.